- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York, 1991
- 27+ years experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the States of NY, PA, WI, MD, VA, CT and NJ
Areas of Practice
- Forensic Evaluations
- Theatrical Equipment, Rigging & Specialty Structural
- Lighting Applications
Tom Trytek is a founding principal of TDK Engineering and currently holds the position of Vice President and Secretary.
In addition to overseeing daily company operations, he is actively involved with client interactions and managing various projects.
Tom has over 27 years experience and is capable of taking a project from initial concept through completion. He is a detail oriented professional and has successfully completed numerous challenging projects.
Some notable structural design projects related to theatrical equipment and rigging, that Tom was the engineer-of-record for, are the rotating beacon for One World Trade Center, NYC; 200-ton moveable orchestra enclosure for the Overture Center in Madison, Wisconsin (which at the time of construction in 2002 was noted as the world’s largest moveable orchestra enclosure); dual 63-ton retractable ceilings for the JAZZ at Lincoln Center Facility in the Time Warner/AOL building in NYC and triple 45-ton overhead canopy structures for the Miami Performing Arts Center in Miami, Florida.
Tom has also designed numerous marine-related projects for both commercial and residential clientele, including boathouses, docks, boat lifts, shoreline stabilization walls, building foundations and earth retaining structures and soil strengthening systems. Other areas of experience include conducting forensic evaluations related to structural, marine, foundation and wastewater treatment system failures for various private and nationally recognized insurance and claim assessment agencies.
Tom has also performed numerous lifeline safety and structural/mechanical transport system designs and evaluations for globally recognized salt mining industries and aluminum foundries.
Additionally, Tom is a founding partner of Aquarii, Inc. and currently holds the position of President. Aquarii is an LED lighting company that designs, develops, manufactures and distributes LED lights throughout the United States and Canada.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Past President of Syracuse Section, 2003-2004)
- Structural Engineering Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- Rochester Institute of Technology’s – College of Engineering Technology, Dean’s Advisory Council Member
- 2017 Distinguished Alumni for the College of Applied Science and Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology