As vacant land is developed for residential subdivisions and industrial or commercial businesses, the amount of impervious surfaces (parking lots, roads, buildings, compacted soil) increases.
As a result, stormwater that originates during precipitation events, snowmelt and overwatering cannot absorb into the ground, generating more surface runoff than in the undeveloped condition.
Without employing proper stormwater management techniques, surface runoff will increase, leading to erosion of watercourses (streams and rivers) and agriculture, cause flooding to areas downstream and migration of pollutants into watersheds.
Through appropriate planning and modeling of stormwater events between these existing and proposed site conditions, TDK Engineering can effectively mitigate these before mentioned issues.
Our stormwater management services will typically include the following tasks:
- Drainage Studies
- Stormwater Collection System Design
- Storm Water Retention/Detention System Design
- Erosion & Sediment Control
- Culvert Analysis & Design
- Flood Plain Management
- Assistance in Obtaining Phase II Stormwater Permits
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP’s)